“Get out of that comfortable rut.” ― Denis Waitley, The Psychology of Winning
There are several definitions of ‘Comfort Zone’ depending on which side of the world you view it from:
‘A situation or position in which a person feels secure, comfortable or in control.’ (UK definition) or
‘The range of situations in which a person feels free of pain and anxiety’ (American definition) ~ Collins Dictionary
For the majority of minds who read this, experience has taught us to process risk before taking on the next task, project, or adventure.
It’s the ability of someone to actively step out of their comfort zone in order to really grow and push themselves to reach their full potential.
However, for many of us, whether in a professional or a personal capacity, breaking out of your comfort zone can cause anxiety, stress, overwhelm, and mental exhaustion; all reactions stemming from fear and can truly be an unpleasant experience.
Some of the most successful leaders in Sport and Business are able to reach far beyond their fears and surpass the element of risk in order to shatter the status quo.
“I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ~ Muhammad Ali
“If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” ~ Elon Musk
7 Ways To Help You Navigate Out Of Your Comfort Zone And Get Closer To Ultimate Success
- Identify what’s out of your comfort zone
2. Identify how stepping out of these comfort zones will benefit you
3. Get comfortable feeling uncomfortable
4. See failure as a teacher
5. Make solutions and take small action steps towards breaking these zones of comfort
6. Use the momentum generated by these steps to move towards your goals
7. Eliminate that fear, with your controlled action steps.
7 Benefits Of Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone And Into The ‘Zone Of Peak Performance’
- Trying new things can make you more creative, forming new innovative ideas and breakthroughs
2. Taking risks help us learn and grow
3. Challenging our comfort zones, help us to tap into dormant survival instincts, knowledge, and resources
4. Increased productivity, focus, and self-confidence
5. Mental Toughness: Eliminate fear and self-limiting beliefs
6. Have a profound impact on others around you
7. Be the person you’re supposed to be by operating at your fullest potential
Take the reins and steer your life towards your goals and dreams. No one said it would be easy!
Commit to the responsibility you hold to make your life happen, and let the experiences along the way unfold as an ever-present learning opportunity leading you to wisdom and peace.
We’re not all born with these risk-taking traits, even the best of us need support and help to guide us through the turbulence to reach the light at the end of the tunnel. This is what I do powerfully.
Whether you’re a pro-athlete, a corporate executive, or an elite leader in your field, we all have moments of overwhelm, stagnation, and self-doubt that can hinder our progress and leave us trapped in our comfort zone.
If you’re ready to get out of your comfort zone, train your brain to expand the operating system by dealing with limiting beliefs that cause stress and anxiety keeping you awake at night, get in touch.
It’s what I do… powerfully.
CLICK HERE to access other weekly mindset tips and newsletters Isabelle has ready for you.
CLICK HERE to book your Assessment and Evaluation with Isabelle.
CLICK HERE if you already work with Isabelle and are ready to go even deeper with One Year in One Day Breakthrough.